Preaching meetings a great success!

I have never seen so much challenge or testing leading up to our annual preaching meetings here at the church, and I have never seen such results.

Folks were praying for these meetings more than ever, and it showed.

Leading up to the meetings, we went through an incredible set of circumstances.  Six weeks before our meetings we found that the evangelist whom we usually have up here was unable to come because of complications from a heart attack.  He recommended a fellow evangelist and even contacted him to see if he were available.

This started off a mind-boggling series of tests and challenges leading up to the September 7-11 meetings.  For example, just two days before the evangelist arrived, the server on which I planned to post all of the video and audio from the meetings (the same server this blog is on) crashed.  I was able to recover it in just 90 minutes with no loss of data, but the error message suggested a bad hard drive in the server.

Later that morning, the power supply died on the computer which I use for all my accounting and for printing worksheets for the kids’ home school classes.  It was a non-standard power supply, so I had to order and wait for a replacement (which arrived during the meetings, so it was another several days before I had time to get the computer running again).

That evening, my primary computer crashed, taking with it about 18 months of e-mail archives.  It took about an hour to get it to where it would boot up again, and another couple days to get e-mail accounts set back up.  Much of the old e-mail was recovered during the following day.  I still have not got all of my e-mail accounts set back up, but the important ones are.

That Friday, the audio-video cables that were being sent FedEx were inexplicable delayed a day (for delivery the following Monday), so I had to make an emergency run to Farmington to buy shorter cables and piece them together with couplers.

That Saturday, as we were at the church awaiting the evangelist’s arrival and getting things set up, the video camera (for taping the services)  broke.  I took it home that evening and was able to fix it and have it back by the time we needed it the next day.

Within five minutes of the camera breaking, the CD player used by our singers to play accompaniment music broke.  They had to use cassette tapes for accompaniment throughout the meetings.

The evangelist arrived on-time, but had begun to have trouble with his truck (pulling their trailer) coughing and sputtering, and not started easily.

This is just a summary or all that went on.  There was much more, combined with some of the most acute personal financial scarcity we’ve seen in years.

But, what a glorious result it all had!  We kept right on moving ahead through it, and was granted, by God’s grace, the privilege of seeing people saved and seeing people surrender to evangelism and missions during the meetings.  What a wonderful time!

Below you’ll find audio of all of the meetings, as well as a growing amount of video.  I can also send you the whole thing on CD (six CDs) or DVD (6 DVDs).  Things are really tight right now, so if you could help on postage, that would be appreciated.  If you can’t help on shipping, I’m happy to send them anyway.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!  It was a wonderful, wonderful week.

Bro. Ron.

Comments are closed.